Here are a list of our FAQs:
HOW WE WORK WITH OUR BRANDS
- We give out an estimated quote for the quantity and product specification for manufacturing or sourcing.
- Once that has been approved by you, we move on to drawing a 50% advance invoice, so we can start working on the order.
- We move on to developing the patterns and samples. With the samples we’ll send fabric swatches to choose from (perhaps another weight, or feel of the fabric), maybe to get some different colours, or some different textures, you might like better.
- Once the samples are approved, we hit the ground running with production, and we’re able to give you an exact delivery date.
- We require the remaining 50% before delivery.
- Once you’ve received your order, you have to check it within 14 days, and give us the A-ok that everything was as expected,
- We can start planning the next collection.
HOW WE PUT TOGETHER QUOTES
Our business model is pretty straight forward – we quote based on the exact product and quantity, we calculate the amount of time/ unit, and fix costs from suppliers, and follow up with a quote for production.
We need photo references, descriptions, mood-boards, and all the supportive pieces of information you can offer us, to make sure we come close to that envisioned product.
We don’t require you to have tech-packs or clothing samples! That’s our job, and they’re included in the manufacturing quote.
We don’t aim to compete with far east manufacturers, as we’re focused on offering great quality products (offering a 14 day window to check your order), made in ethical and compliant European facilities, and with an account manager for each order, to make sure we have recurrent customers.
WHAT ARE OUR MINIMUM QUANTITIES
We give you an estimated quote, for the quantity, and product specification ( we don’t have minimums per see, however, many categories -require higher volumes in order to absorb the development and initial costs – like basics, denim, knitwear, activewear, sports goods, swimwear, etc ). A 50 units/style order that needs to be cut one by one, and made in a small atelier, won’t be quoted the same as a 2000 units/style order, made in a phasic factory.
The more colors and sizes, the higher the price per unit. So reducing even one size or one color can improve the quote. Different colors for one style means additional time to change threads, soucing different trims and fabrics, and overall having fewer pieces per size/color/style.
Please be aware that categories like denim, activewear, basics, swimwear, technical products require high minimums (100-200 min. units per style). We will have to decline projects where we’re not going to be able to give you competitive quotes.
We work with fabric suppliers that have over 200,000 styles in stock, so we have a huge selection.
With small quantities per style, we don’t have wholesale discounts, and that also impacts the quote significantly.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE QUOTE
We deliver your products ready for you to ship to your customers and it includes:
- 1 x sample/ SKU+ express shipping for approval (with the samples, we’ll send additional fabric swatches, so maybe you’ll see something else you like, perhaps a different colour from the sample, or different thickness).
- the graded patterns (can be reused) – we don’t need you to send the tech-packs, we’ll develop them
- all finished products
- care labels, composition labels, origin labels, brand labels + cardboard tag
- individual packaging in biodegradable poly bags
- express shipping of samples for approval
- express shipping of production + insurance
- we offer our brands supplier contracts, NDAs and 14 days window to check your order after receiving it.
There are no additional costs. No add-ons to the quote and we’re not competing with far east manufacturers.
Delivery date for production to be confirmed after sample approval.
I JUST WANT SAMPLES MADE – CAN YOU DO THIS?
It takes a lot of leg work, and significant resources to make a pattern, grade it, source fabrics from suppliers, pay for the shipping of the fabric and trims, and time a seamstress for making one sample – almost comparable to a lot of the fix costs of making a full production. That’s why we include the costs of samples and tech-packs in the quote of the production.
DO WE WORK WITH SUSTAINABLE FABRICS/ ETHICAL PRACTICES?
As “eco” fabrics have higher minimums from wholesalers than stock fabrics, and they involve higher initial quantities for a first production run, it discourages a lot of start-ups with restricted cash flow. Anything from rayon, tencel, organic cotton, recycled polyester etc will require at least 50-300 m / color depending on the suppliers, in order to get wholesale prices. Of course, we can buy smaller quantities, at different prices.
On top of using more sustainable fabrics, we’re focused on offering great quality products, made in ethical and compliant European facilities and family-owned ateliers, where we offer great work conditions for our seamstresses.
WHAT ARE OUR LEAD TIMES?
We’ll confirm the exact delivery time, after you receive the samples, and have approved them. We check the production schedule and fast track priority orders. As a general rule, we try to deliver small to medium size orders between 1-2 months. Pretty cool, right?
WHAT GUARANTEES DO WE OFFER?
We hold the deposit in escrow, and offer a service contract, giving you a clear list of the products and services we invoice, and what you’ll be receiving.
You have a 14 day window to check your order after receiving it, to make sure it aligns with the provided and approved samples, and quantity.
When we move forward, after order confirmation, we’ll supply you with an NDA, and a contract, to put your mind at ease, you’re in safe hands.
If you have any further questions please shoot us an email.
Do you have a project? Let us know.